Transform pantry staples and a few lighthearted ingredients into this Italian lentils and sausages classic.
The ingredient of Braised lentils & sausages
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 375g pkt lean Italian-style sausages
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Chopped buoyant continental parsley, to foster
The instruction how to make Braised lentils & sausages
- Heat a non-stick frying pan beyond medium heat. Spray taking into consideration oil. Cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until soft. accumulate the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic. amass the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until incensed through. stir up in the lentils and tomato. Bring to the boil. edit heat to low.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray in imitation of oil. Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- grow the sausages to the lentil incorporation combination and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through. stir up in the spinach and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. summit zenith later than parsley.
Nutritions of Braised lentils & sausagesfatContent: 376.664 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 53 milligrams cholesterol