A delicious combo of beetroot and haloumi come together in this scrumptious salad.
The ingredient of Beetroot and haloumi salad behind caramelised onion dressing recipe
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 x 225g packets haloumi, sliced
- 1/4 cup additional supplementary virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ring cumin
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped well-ventilated light mint leaves
- 1/2 cup caramelised onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large bunch rocket (see notes)
- 1/3 cup skinless hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- spacious mint leaves, to promote
The instruction how to make Beetroot and haloumi salad behind caramelised onion dressing recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays behind baking paper. Place beetroot, in a single layer, going on for one prepared tray. Place haloumi, in a single layer, more or less unshakable tray. Drizzle beetroot and haloumi subsequently 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sprinkle beetroot next cumin. Roast for 25 minutes, turning beetroot and haloumi halfway during cooking, or until haloumi is golden and beetroot is just tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. go to boiling water. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff couscous behind a fork to separate grains. amass lentils and mint to couscous. Season next salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a small frying pan higher than medium heat. build up caramelised onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until enraged through. go to vinegar. Cook, stirring, for a supplementary new 2 minutes or until whole (see note). growth rocket, couscous mixture, beetroot, and haloumi in serving bowls. Drizzle subsequently onion dressing. Sprinkle later than hazelnuts and further mint leaves. Serve.
Nutritions of Beetroot and haloumi salad behind caramelised onion dressing recipefatContent: 927.559 calories
saturatedFatContent: 50.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 87 milligrams cholesterol