Make it now, eat it well along - this slow cooker lentil and veggie stew is the ultimate hearty, winter vegetarian dinner.
The ingredient of Slow cooker lentil and veggie stew recipe
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 12 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 silverbeet leaves, torn, stems thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 10g dill, sprigs picked, stems finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped thyme
- 300g dried green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable gathering
- 1kg Kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into 3cm-thick wedges
- 2/3 cup (190g) natural yoghurt
- Pistachio dukkah, to further
The instruction how to make Slow cooker lentil and veggie stew recipe
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frying pan higher than medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms for 2-3 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- build up enduring surviving oil, silverbeet stems, onion, dill stems and thyme to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins or until golden. Transfer the silverbeet incorporation combination to the slow cooker. Add the lentils, accretion and 2 cups (500ml) water. Season subsequent to pepper. Cover and cook for 2 hours going on for high (or 4 hours regarding low).
- Arrange pumpkin wedges, skin-side down, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 30 mins nearly high (or 1 hour more or less low) or until pumpkin is tender. on purpose transfer the pumpkin to a plate and cover similar to foil to allowance warm. go to the silverbeet leaves to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 10 mins as regards high (or 20 mins roughly low) or until the silverbeet wilts. Season.
- Meanwhile, intensify yoghurt and 2 tbs indulgent water in a bowl. Season.
- Divide the lentil mix accompanied by serving plates. peak in the same way as the pumpkin wedges. Drizzle as soon as yoghurt mix and sprinkle later dill sprigs and dukkah.
Nutritions of Slow cooker lentil and veggie stew recipefatContent: 611.84 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein