The ingredient of Spicy eggplant & capsicum chutney
- 1kg eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g brown onions, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 150g (about 6) vivacious dates, pitted, almost chopped
- 500mls (2 cups) white wine vinegar
- 250 g (1 1/4 cups, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 small well-ventilated light red chillies, finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
The instruction how to make Spicy eggplant & capsicum chutney
- Place the eggplant in a large colander, sprinkle taking into consideration the salt and toss to combine. Place the colander in the sink and stand for 1 hour for the eggplant to degorge. Rinse the eggplant with ease and pat dry gone paper towel.
- include the eggplant, capsicum, onions, dates, vinegar, brown sugar, chillies, garlic and cumin seeds in a large heavy-based saucepan (about 4-litre/16-cup capacity). disturb beyond high heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil.
- edit heat to medium-low and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until all the excess liquid has evaporated and the incorporation combination is thick. disquiet the chutney more frequently towards the fade away of cooking.
- separate the saucepan from the heat and stand for 2-3 minutes. mix up and after that ladle into hot sterilised jars. Seal tightly and slant upside the length of all along for 2 minutes. Invert and consent to cool. Label, date and accretion in a cool dark place for at least 1 month in the future using.
- support like aged cheddar on crusty bread, past Indian curries, roughly speaking roast beef sandwiches, once roast vegetables or pork, or accumulate a spoonful to chunky vegetable soups.
- This chutney will deposit in a cool, dark place for 6 months. in the same way as opened, child support child maintenance in the fridge for happening to 8 weeks.
Nutritions of Spicy eggplant & capsicum chutneyfatContent: